Searching for a book? With over 130,000 titles instore, with a limited selection available online, it may be hard to find a specific book. A Book Query is possibly the best bet. Please provide relevant information to the description field of the form below and a member of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
Relevant information to help search includes an idea of what you believe the book is about and a physical description if you have seen a copy:
- Is it fiction or non-fiction?
- What is the general topic it covers?
- Is it tall, thick and covered in dark red cloth?
- Was it published in the last 10 years or 50 years?
The publisher can be helpful if you are looking for a specific edition, but we can't search by it, and we only record ISBN numbers on our new specialist stock.
We keep a well organised database of titles that customers are searching for, in case the books come in at a later date.
This is not a perfect system as it is not automated — we do not have all our books catalogued. When a book comes into the shop that we think might be on the database, we look it up and then contact the customer in question.
Wants List entries will be held for 1 year unless a specific time period has been arranged. We are happy to give you a permanent entry (especially when looking for rare books), we'll contact you not more than once a year to make sure your contact details are correct, and that you still want the book.
- Please provide us with as much relevant informationas possible, especially on what sort of topic the book is about — however we will do our best if you do not know.
- If there is more than one person after a particular title that has come in, we contact customers in preference of oldest requests first.
- If you no longer require the book when we contact you, there is no obligation on your part to buy it